Built in the mid 60’s the cottage is truly a work of outstanding Himalayan artistry. Built purely out of stone and wood with an old world charm. It has previously been occupied by the Forest department up till the 80’s. Post which the cottage regained it’s intended role as a base for an apple plantation. It has now been restored and is run as a home-stay by the family. The list of fruiting plants and vegetables grown here is endless.
While the Lodge is set in an orchard, in terms of acreage it is huge, the number of actual guests rarely exceed 8, making for a very personalized and intimate experience.
The lodge is equipped with four well appointed rooms with all basic conveniences. Two spacious Living rooms and a functional kitchen, plenty of outdoor recreational areas. The lodge offers something that is all too quickly disappearing on the planet peace, stillness, and an opportunity to disconnect while simultaneously reconnecting with nature, another culture and themselves. We try to serve only what we can source locally. This not only keeps the food fresh, but it means that we support local families. Around 80% of what you find here is sourced from a local radius..
• Our Homestay is a 5 minute walk (350 meters) from the main road. The property is built on a slope and we do not operate a lift due to the construction style. You would need to climb stairs to reach your rooms and dining space. There will be harmless insects and flies in and around the property especially during the monsoon season due to the flora. Being in a natural environment all these insects etc. are a part of the eco system here.
• We’d love to have you stay with us, but we don’t recommend it for children or older individuals. Considering the property’s nature and considering the needs of many of our guests . If you’re travelling with children or older individuals and think you’d be a good match at the lodge, please contact us.
One question on the mind of the visitors is that what is the best time to visit the region.
March to June – Summer begin by the mid of April with just the right amount of nip in the air, for travelers keen on seeing snow, snow is accessible on various hikes and drives right up to the end of June. As the snow melts on the higher reaches it gives way to lush green meadows and a riot of colorful wild flowers.
July to september- The beginning of the south west monsoon opens the way to the Pangi valley, which is accessible only during these three months. This is also the season when the apple plucking is in full swing, traveler’s can get a glimpse of the apple plucking, packaging process.
October to December- The post monsoon is another beautiful time of the year to visit the area as the weather is stable and promises bright sunny days. The inhabitants begin preparing for the onset of winter, most of the trails and drives are accessible.
Paddri Jot – Is a high mountain pass is at a distance of about 40 km from the Lodge, the pass is situated at a height of about 10,000+ Feet above sea level. Known for its breathtaking views and lush green meadows. Multiple day hike options in and around the area. A perfect place to spend the day out.
Gamgul Siyabehi Wildlife Sanctuary – Is a high-altitude wildlife sanctuary, The sanctuary plays host to populations of Musk deer, Himalayan tahr, and pheasants. Also, one can spot number of colorful birds in the area. The vegetation is typical to the higher altitude area, and the landscape is interspersed with deodar forests, coniferous forest and alpine pastures. It is reportedly the only sanctuary located in Himachal Pradesh that has reported Kashmir stag.
Pangi/ Saach pass circuit (tribal circuit) – one of the last untouched circuits of Himachal pradesh, perhaps one of the most beautiful yet treacherous The Pangi lies in the in the Chandra Bhaga river basin. Surrounded by the Zanskar range to the north and the Pri panjal range in the south that give Pangi a unique character. The region is rich in high altitude flora and fauna, dramatic landscapes and distinct culture. The valley is assailable for a very short duration ( July to October) over the Saach pass.
Gadh Mata Temple – A unique offering from Gaddi trails, an ancient temple said to have been built by the raja of chamba has interesting folklore attached to it. The Temple can only be reached by foot, an easy to moderate trail with panoramic views all throughout. The temple is situated at a height of about 10,000 feet (2950 mtrs).
Anjani lake – Another unique offering from Gaddi trails, is a beautiful mid sized snow-fed lake which offers a panoramic view of the pir panjal and the Dhauladhar ranges. A vast expanse of the Chamba region can be seen from ths point.
In and around the lodge – there is a plethora of walking trails in and around the lodge, one can spend the way walking through the apple orchard or simply walk down to the river for some quiet time. The lodge is an ideal setting for conducting workshops and short courses on subjects such as yoga ,wellness, art and writing . Evening’s can be spent around a cozy fire, firing up the barbecue or in one of the living rooms playing board games.
Chandigarh – 376 km
Pathankot – 146 km
Dharamshala – 172 km
Chamba town – 60 km
Dhalousie – 82 km
All distances mentioned starting from New Delhi
By Car – (600 km) 12- 14 hours
The best way to reach here is by driving yourself – route description
Delhi – Chandigarh – Pathankot – Banikeht – Bathri – salooni – Bhandal
By Bus – You may take the overnight Volvo bus to Dhalousie, Pick up / drop can be arranged .(added cost)
By Rail – You have the option to take an over night train journey to Pathankot, Pick up / drop can be arranged (added cost).
By Air – There is an option of direct flights from Delhi to Pathankot three times a week. Pick up / drop can be arranged( added cost).
Short stays – (less than 6 nights)
Single occupancy per night : 1900/-
Double Occupancy per night : 3400/-
Includes: Stay, WiFi, power backup, All veg Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Tariff – Long stays (6 nights and above)
Weekly – (6 nights / 7 days)
Single occupancy : 11,400/-
Double Occupancy : 16,800/-
2 weeks – (13 nights / 14 days)
Single occupancy : 19,200/-
Double Occupancy : 31,800/-
Monthly – (29 nights / 30 days)
Single occupancy : 35,500/-
Double Occupancy : 48,500/-
WiFi, Electricity (power back up), Housekeeping, All veg Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
• Running Hot Water
• Power Back up
• Seating Areas
• Bonfire (Paid)
• Laundry • (Paid)
• Pick and Drop Service (Paid)
• Guide’s and taxis for Day excursions (Paid)
Bookings can be made on the phone and are confirmed only after receiving the full advance by draft / deposit in our HDFC bank within two days of request. To make a booking 30% of total booking amount to be paid as advance.
Cancellation policy :-
1) If cancelled 28 days in advance, full refund.
2) If cancelled between 28 and 14 days in advance, 50% refund.
3) If cancelled less than 14 days in advance, no refund.
4) Long duration stays have no refund policy in case of change (reduction) in number of days of stay once the guest has checked in.
5) Instead of cancelation, option of postpone or change of dates is possible depending on availability of future dates.
6) In exceptional circumstances where the Host is not able to honor the confirmed booking owing to ‘Force Majeure’. A refund from the host will be initiated.
7) In case of Covid-19 related administrative restrictions – lockdown state or national, a refund will be initiated.